This KDS Centrifan PE has been refurbished, fully tested, inspected and verified to be in great working condition. 60 Day Warranty!
Includes: KDS Centrifan PE, 6x20ml Rotor, Glassware & Power Cord
The Centrifan PE Evaporator / Concentrator is a small volume evaporator that eliminates the problem of bumping using SBT (Self Blowdown Technology). SBT allows solvent drying using heated, circulating gas flow and NO VACUUM PUMP!
We have two of these units. Glass 20ml vials are included only with the first unit to sell. If there is only 1 left, then it does not include the vials.
Catalog No: 78-0070
Rotor: 6 x 20 ml scintillation vials
- Vacuum-Free - no bumping or splashing to risk sample purity and yield
- Centrifugal Evaporation - sample securely pressed in spinning containers
- Versatile - ideal for LC fractions, synthesis reactions, harsh inorganic chemistry, cold room operations, toxic compounds, radioisotopes
- Low Maintenance - no vacuum pump; no noise; simple unattended operation
- Temperature - programmable ambient to 55°C
- Off-Timer - programmable from minutes to hours
- Green Solvent Recovery - captured gas recirculates in a closed system; toxic materials are contained
- Easy-to-Use - close the lid to start
- Flexible - concentrate samples or evaporate to complete dryness, or collect distillate
- Compact - portable, minimal bench space
Overview of the Innovative Centrifan PE Featuring Self Blow-down Technology
The KD Scientific Centrifan™ PE uses self-generating blow-down technology to evaporate samples without a vacuum pump within a closed system. Centrifugal force protects samples from loss and cross-contamination, freeing operators for other tasks. If you are using a rotary evaporator, see how the Centrifan™ PE can save 1-operator-hour per sample.
Eliminate Sample Drying Risk while Freeing Operator Time
The Centrifan™ PE employs a novel, recirculating evaporation technique that reuses a captured volume of gas and generates its own gas flow to efficiently evaporate samples in standard 20mL scintillation vials. The technique eliminates the need for a vacuum pump or a large supply of blow down gas, significantly reducing cost, complexity, noise, and maintenance compared to rotary evaporators, vacuum centrifuges, and conventional blow-down equipment. Because it operates without vacuum, the Centrifan™ PE eliminates the potential for cross contamination and sample loss caused by solvent bumping.
Vacuum-Free, Closed System Drying
The Centrifan™ PE has a spinning rotor with fan blades that generate a high flow rate of drying gas which is directed onto the surface of the solvent in the scintillation vials. The rotor generates centrifugal force to keep 100% of the solute pressed in the scintillation vials, thus preventing compound loss and cross contamination. Solvent vapors from the trapped volume of gas are continuously flowed through a secondary loop with a dry ice cold trap to prevent release of toxic fumes. The unit may be purged of air with a nitrogen bleed to perform oxygen-free drying.
• 6 x 20 ml Scintillation Vials (Included)
Others that can be purchased from KDS
• 6 x 30 ml Scintillation Vials
• 4 x 40 ml Scintillation Vials
• 8 x 16 mm x 100 mmTest Tubes
• 8 x 1.6 ml Eppendorf Tubes
• 8 x 4 ml (1 dram) Sample Vials
• 10 x 1.5 HPLC Vials
With a small 8 in x 12 in footprint and only 18 in high, the Centrifan PE is self-contained, requires little bench or hood space, and will even fit in a hot cell.
Product ID # 2222